Welcome

Here's to the experience of recovering from surgery. I'll keep you all informed of my progress and what I hope is an entertaining journey for all of us.







Monday, September 20, 2010

Info Please

Have you noticed that the blog entries are slowing down?  HEL-L-L--O--O.  Is anyone out there?  I still have one faithful household which sent me a list of big (and small) nosey questions that they would like to see answered. 
  First let me address the reduced blogging.  I have a full list of excuses:  #1.  I remain a very boring topic.  #2.  My Nurse is training me to be self-reliant and thus, he's become a smaller target for my humor!  #3.  I'm up and around much more now that I have the walking boot on.  Less time on the sofa means less time to blog. 
And #4.  Next to me, the most interesting item has been the endless hole in the yard, which is now filled in and wraps the story.  It took a front digger and hand digging to bring this to closure.  Note the top of the guy's head who is standing  in the hole.  It about 5 feet deep at this point.  Once uncovered, we was that the broken "pipe" was two feet in diameter.  A visit from the city engineer (again), gravel, bags of cement (unmixed, remaining in the bag), dirt, grass seed and lots of water may keep us from falling into middle earth.  (Oh yes, and a bagful of money.) 

NOSEY QUESTION #1:  Are you still sleeping on the couch? 
Yes, every night between 10:30 and 11,  Nurse Glenn says "Ready for me to make up your bed?"  then he unfolds the hide-a-bed, gets the pillows and the extra blankets, and sets me up with all of the things I need to get through the night like reading material, itty bitty book light, TV remotes, phone, water and walker.  Why am I not sleeping in the bedroom?  I have to wear the walking boot to bed and I find that I wake up and fuss with it multiple times each night.  It's held together with industrial strength Velcro.  Imagine being sound asleep and then hearing that giant Velcro being ripped apart. It even wakes up Farley--I want my nurse to be well-rested and in a good mood when he has to face fixing my breakfast and bringing me the paper!

NOSEY Q #2:  Find anything good in the couch cushions?  Nope, just some pennies. 

Feel free to submit your own nosey questions if you want to extend the blog or improve the content!

No comments:

Post a Comment