Welcome

Here's to the experience of recovering from surgery. I'll keep you all informed of my progress and what I hope is an entertaining journey for all of us.







Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday - A Day to be THANKFUL

Driving around the neighborhood today (THANKFUL to Katy for giving me a lunchtime outing) and sitting in the family room makes me THANKFUL that our trees are still standing.  I was amazed at how may limbs and large trees were taken down in yesterday's 1/2 hour wind and rain storm.  I can hear the wood chipper running at the house 2 doors away eliminating the remnants of one of their big trees.  We saw several trees completely wiped out--luckily only one appeared to have created a roof skylight the hard way.  But at least one yard in every block had branches down.  Glenn spent all morning sawing and cleaning up our yard.  I'm THANKFUL that I'm unable to haul out trash tonight, since in addition to recycle and garbage cans, there are 6 bags of storm debris.  Nurse Glenn did ask me if he took my wheelie out did I think I'd be able to manage taking the garbage to the street . 

Also, I'm THANKFUL for those of you who took time to fill me in on the Kardashian story.  So now I understand--no one in my circle really understands how they became famous or why they're famous..it's a mystery! 

I'm THANKFUL that I tried one more time on extending my wheelie rental.  I just got the OK to keep it until October 1.  I've been walking more but realized that it doesn't hurt when I walk, but too many steps and I pay for it at night. 

And most of all, I'm THANKFUL that I've had the ukulele to entertain me.    And I'm THANKFUL I have a camera with video because I spent two hours trying to make my Logitech camera work to take a video that I could post!  Glenn said today was his first "semi-normal" day.  What do you mean? I say.  Well. I worked outside on the yard, did my own thing and didn't spend all of my time taking care of you.  Think he's ready for me to be independent?

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! That was great! You are the modern day Tiny Tim with that ukulele!! Rock on Gari, Rock on!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete